6/11/08

A week in Kathmandu and I have the photos to prove it.


The weather there is so nice and cool compared to Calcutta, and I was quite sad to return. This city is filled with tourists, temples, motorbikes, monkeys, monasteries, mountains, more temples and momos! There is incense, tea, jewels, embroidery, paintings, and so much more, all laid out for the tourists to eat and buy up. There is live music every night, rickshaws up the wazoo and people on every corner trying to sell you everything from tiger balm to hashish. This city is vibrant, dirty and colourful and I definitely see myself coming back here. Hopefully next time I will get a chance to scale a mountain or two.

Back in Calcutta, things have changed and I'm ready to open the next chapter of my trip. This weekend we go to Puri! The beach! Next we are making plans for Himachal Pradesh (Pradesh means zone and Himachal means dew), Delhi and Thailand! Stay tuned for many more photos and let's see some comments! I need you all to send me some love across the globe! I hope you all are enjoying your summers.

Keep in touch, and I'll keep you posted.

Love, your globe-trotting friend, Lana.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, oh, oh.
I am so jealous.

The Unbelievable said...

Yeah, I'm still jealous too. Cool Nepal sounds very much like what I need right now.

SH said...

AMAZING!!! LANA... Don't stop.


Sx